Audience: Schools that will focus on deeper learning through content-area integration, collaboration, problem-based learning, and action plan development.
- Deepen their understanding of innovative and integrated practices in the humanities (HIP)
- Understand problem-based learning and CONNECT this process via content-area integration
- Examine authentic examples problem-based learning and integration
- Align content-area standards and objectives to create authentic, problem-based opportunities for students that foster community involvement and problem-solving
- Collaboratively develop integrated, problem-based lessons/units
- Document evidence of student learning
- Reflect on their learning and develop an actionable plan for implementation and local-school sustainability
Academy Design: Teachers in grades 6-12 forming teams consisting of one teacher from each of the following areas: ELA, Social Studies, CTAE, Health/PE, and Fine Arts.
Four full day quarterly trainings: 10/7, 11/18, 1/28 and 3/24
8:30-4 p.m., Locations: TBD
Storify Links from HIP Innovation Academy:
Contacts for this program: Liz Cobia and Trudy Delhey