***The STEAM Innovation Academy is open to teacher teams from schools who are consistently working towards or have already received Cobb STEM certification.
Audience: Intended for schools interested in learning authentic arts integration strategies specifically aligned to PBL, the engineering process and science/math standards to support tentative STEAM certification.
- Deepen their understanding of innovative and integrated practices using arts modalities (visual art, drama, dance, music and storytelling)
- Understand how to increase student engagement and foster CONNECTIONS for students through content-area integration
- Examine and actively participate in authentic examples of arts integration in collaboration with outside arts organizations
- Align content-area standards and objectives to create organic, authentic and engaging opportunities for students
- Collaboratively develop integrated lessons, experiences and assessments
- Document formative and summative evidence of student learning in a digital portfolio using arts integration strategies
- Use and document data to drive instruction
- Reflect on learning and determine next steps for implementation, dissemination and sustainability at the local school level
Academy Model: Teacher teams of 5 per school (K-8), 25 total participants
Four half-day quarterly trainings: 9/22, 11/3, 1/26, May date TBD
8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Locations: Hawthorne Center, Room 118
STEAM Academy Session 2 (2015): https://storify.com/ArtEdAmyinATL/steam-academy-2015
STEAM Academy Session 1: (2016): https://storify.com/CCSDFineArtsPLS/ccsd-steam-academy-training
Contact for this program: Judy Condon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The STEAM Innovation Academy is full for the 2016-17 school year! Thank you for your interest!