High School STEM Innovation Academy
Audience: Intended for High Schools early in their STEM journey interested in providing Cobb students with STEM-enriched learning opportunities that cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for future success in STEM-related college and career fields.
Administrators are encouraged to send a team of four: two participants from last year's academy and two new participants, if possible.
- Engage in STEM thinking
- Deepen their understanding of effective integrated math, science, technology and engineering (STEM) instruction
- Design a unique STEM experience based on school goals, priorities and/or desired outcomes
- Integrate content-area standards and objectives to create authentic, deeper learning STEM opportunities for students
- Tour the STEM programs established at two local schools
- Determine next steps for implementation and sustainability
HS STEM Academy Dates:
November 9, 2017
@ Sope Creek ES 8-4 PM
January 31, 2017
@ Wheeler HS 8-4 PM
March 27, 2018
@ Georgia Tech 8-4 PM
Contact for this program:
Tania Pachuta, Ed.S.
STEM & Innovation
Professional Learning Specialist
Visit the HS STEM Innovation Academy BLOG for updates, resources, and presentations shared.
The 2017-2018 Application is closed. Please check back next year!
The STEM & Innovation Department will cover the substitute cost of sending four teachers from your school to the STEM Innovation Academy (three dates above). If you wish to send more than four teachers, you must agree to pay for the sub cost.