High School STEM Innovation Academy
Audience: Intended for High Schools early in their STEM journey interested in providing Cobb students with STEM-enriched learning opportunities that cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for future success in STEM-related college and career fields.
Administrators are encouraged to send a team of five: two participants from last year's academy, two new participants, and one CTAE teacher.
- Engage in STEM thinking
- Deepen their understanding of effective integrated math, science, technology and engineering (STEM) instruction
- Design a unique STEM experience based on school goals, priorities and/or desired outcomes
- Integrate content-area standards and objectives to create authentic, deeper learning STEM opportunities for students
- Tour the STEM programs established at two local schools
- Determine next steps for implementation and sustainability
HS STEM Academy Dates:
November 16, 2018
@ Baker ES 8-4 PM
January 23, 2019
@ Lassiter HS 8-4 PM
March 19, 2019
@ KSU Marietta 8-4 PM
Contact for this program:
Tania Pachuta, Ed.S.
STEM & Innovation
Professional Learning Specialist
Visit the HS STEM Innovation Academy BLOG for updates, resources, and presentations shared.